'I am Not Releasing an Album' : 50 Cent

50 Cent has threatened to pull the release of his fifth album, Black Magic, after coming into conflict with his label, Interscope. In a series of tweets yesterday, the rapper declared "Man I'm not releasing a album i can't believe interscope is this f*cked up right now. I apologize to all my fans." Later, he clarified that he would continue to work with other artists on their projects, but would not put out another record because the label "dropped the ball with me one time to [sic] many."

Tensions between 50 Cent and Interscope have run high for weeks now. Back in June, the rapper tweeted "I tried to be cool with my record company. I went to the meeting to talk to everyone and sh*t feels like there [sic] moving in slow motion."

Photos: 50 Cent, Kanye West, Jay-Z and Diddy on Stage Together

Yesterday, the rapper complained that fact that he recorded 41 tracks for Black Magic, but "I'm On It," the only track he turned in to Interscope, has leaked. "I hate when I can't present my music the way I feel it should be but f*ck it check out I'm ON IT," he wrote.

50 Cent threatened to leak his labelmate Dr. Dre's new song "The Psycho," but then decided against it, acknowledging that the producer and label head Jimmy Iovine have been supportive of his career every step of the way.

Comments

Popular Posts